07 July 2010

Ruh-Oh!

The Obama Administration recently officially announced that the United States was suing the State of Arizona over its recently passed immigration law. This move was first announced last month by an administration official while on official business in Ecuador.

To say it's raised some eyebrows would be a drastic understatement. In fact, I just read that it's become such a hot potato that the White House is already starting to warm up the "Hope and Change" Bus for another turn around the neighborhood.
The White House has said the decision to challenge Arizona's immigration law was out of its hands, left completely up to Attorney General Eric H. Holder Jr. and the lawyers at the Justice Department.
Now correct me if I'm wrong but I have always been led to believe that the President sets the agenda and that the President directs his staff to act on issues he wants addressed. But, even eighteen months into his Presidency, I'm willing to give President Obama the benefit of the doubt. I'm sure that if the White House says that Holder is acting on his own, then it must be the case.



*cue dramatic music*

No comments: