09 July 2010

Musical Musings: Mario Spinetti And Such

It's been a hot minute since I last wrote about him, but [1/1] is currently playing on my iPod and it got me thinking about Mario Spinetti. I haven't played his EP in a while and almost forgot how much I love it.

That, of course, got me reminiscing about my experiences with Mario and his music.

It got me thinking about my boys (First and Second Brain), how I don't spend enough one-on-one time with Second, and how much I miss First.

It got me thinking about that recording session in NYC and how much I want to do that for a living.

It got me thinking about a good friend of mine who is doing it for a living, how I don't chat with him enough, and how much I miss him.

And it took me back to Mario. While I would never have the conceit to consider myself a good friend (or even a friend), I'm glad to know him. I'm thankful for the few times we did talk. I wish I could know him better. I understand that he is a busy teacher and an even busier entertainer. Still, it would be nice to have a few minutes once a week to catch up with him to see how things are going.

Because he truly is one of the good people and his music is definitely worth the time to check out.

No comments: