21 April 2009

What Happens When The Lights Are Off

I'm sure you're familiar with this video. It's made quite the rounds over the past week.



What you didn't see is what happened after Ms. Roesgen sent it back to the studio. Have a look.



There were two things that stood out to me as I watched the second clip. First is Ms. Roesgen telling the woman, at the 3:50 mark of the second video, "You don't need to be so antagonistic." Antagonistic? Watch the first video again and see antagonism jump out at the 0:54 mark. I guess what's good for the goose isn't good for the gander.

The second thing that jumped out at me was when Ms. Roesgen said, at the 4:08 mark of the second video, "I looked at every sign that was in our field of view." Every sign? Really, Ms. Roesgen? That very same sign that the woman pointed in the second video is very clear to see in the first video as well (at the 0:29 mark). Surely Ms. Roesgen could have seen it if she tried. I wasn't even trying and I saw it.

Now before you jump all in my sh!t about being a right-wing nutjob, I'm not. I would just have easily called out any other news organization. Because I believe in fairness, especially in our "unbiased" mainstream media reporting. Unfortunately, I don't think there are any unbiased reporters left in the MSM.

1 comment:

Raspberry Delusions said...

i don't think you're a right-wing nut job :)

~Bobby