02 July 2008

Random Music: "Moonlight In Vermont" by The Consort (Solo By Robert S. Bise)

I apologize for my tardiness in posting this week's Random Music. I had legitimate reasons.

This week's offering is very special to me. It is a classic piece of World War II era big band jazz music written by John Blackburn and Karl Suessdorf. The universe contains a good many excellent recordings of this song, but the version I am posting today was performed by The Charles County Consort.

(Well, technically, it was performed by Yours Truly with Lyn Schramm on the piano and Bill Thomas on the drums.)

There really isn't much to say about this tune other than it is a beautiful piece of music. I hope that it piques your curiosity to discover more (and better performed) WWII era big band jazz music.

Moonlight In Vermont (Solo By Robert S. Bise) - The Charles County Consort

1 comment:

Basilio Bocalan said...

I'd like to thank you for posting this song, for I have LOST MY COPY OF IT!!!

Gorgeous...very fitting and very becoming of a distinguished gentleman.

love
BB