31 March 2009

Some Personal Dumping

You asked for it. (Okay, you didn't ask for it. But you didn't say "no" in a previous post, so that's an implicit "yes".)

I've learned through the power of the Internet that life is moving on. In the not-so-distant past, this would have been cause to drop me into a deep depression. But, in all honesty, I am happy. People deserve to be happy, and people deserve to be with people who love them and treat them the way they should be treated. If you're reading this and you recognize who you are, know that I love you and that I truly am happy. No comments, please.

As for me, I have started seeing someone. It's the first time in ... many years ... that I've waded into the wild world of dating. We have applied no labels, we are not exclusive, and I have no idea where ... if anywhere ... it will go. But it's a good place to be. I am content in where I am in life right now. I am happy with the people in it. And I am not anticipating or deciphering where it may lead from here. It is what it is and it will go where it goes.

I'd be a liar if I said that at times I didn't wish for more in my life. I do. My brain, my analytical side, wants to take me down dark alleys I don't particularly want to go. But I remind myself ... or I call on people I trust to call me back ... that life is good where it is and that it's where it should be. I've been there. I've lived there. In those dark places. And it's not a pleasant place to be. I'm just thankful that I have people to talk me back.

Being happy for friends and being happy for self is all anyone could want in life, right? If so, my life is golden right now.

And that is a truth I can smile with.

1 comment:

Tuffie said...

All I’ve wanted all these complicated years later is to know you’re happy, loved, and taken care of. So, to learn that you’re starting on this road with someone special (and this sounds really selfish but I'm not sure how else to say it) makes me happy.

No one deserves to be happy and loved more than you. No one.

I only have one request: we don't become ghosts in one another’s lives, Period. This is my biggest fear now, that you'll some how 'disappear' from my life and it’s something I will do everything within my power to ensure never happens.

Nothing replaces history, and ours is one not easily overshadowed or forgotten.

o_O