27 March 2009

Rethinking A Decision, To An Extent

I've been thinking ... or rather my subconscious has been thinking ... about this site and why it's been languishing. And I think I've discovered a couple reasons for it.

The first reason is that I just don't post as much, on average, as I have in the past two years. I always made an effort to write something, anything, to keep things from getting all musty up in here. I have failed pretty badly as of late when it comes to that.

Which segues us into the second reason.

I made a conscious decision a few months ago to keep my personal feelings to myself and off this blog. At that time, it was a necessity ... I was falling apart and you were all witnessing it. T'weren't purdy ... a'tall. Since that decision, I came to quite a few personal realizations and conclusions, and I've righted my ship. I doubt that I will ever fall into as deep a pit of despair as I did last year. Which is why I've decided to begin writing about myself a bit more as well. Hell, that's why people visit personal blogs ... you can read news anywhere and you can listen to music anywhere. But you can't get my singular thoughts, feelings, or experiences anywhere else but here.

Maybe you're rejoicing and popping open the champagne. Maybe you're gnashing your teeth and rending your garments. Either way, I don't particularly care. It's my sandbox and I want to build me some castles.

But it'd be cool if you still want to play, too.

No comments: