13 August 2008

Good For You But Not For Me No Longer

I like to believe that I am a good friend. I'm good to people I love. I'm even good to people I don't like that much. It's how I was raised ... do unto others as you would have done unto you. Building positive karma.

Except that all of this positive energy has been outward facing, I've been neglecting myself, and I am officially depleted.

I can't do for any of you for a while. I need some me time. That's going to include quiet nights at home. It's going to include getting laid more than once a year. It's going to include telling people to leave me alone and fix your own mess. It's going to include giving no explanations for my protracted silences or solitary activities.

In short, I'm going to be a selfish ass for a bit.

I hope you're all cool with that.

No comments: