18 November 2011

Music Video Friday: The Motown Song By Rod Stewart With The Temptations

I'd been thinking all week about what song to feature in this week's Music Video Friday. It's been a rough week for me and for many people I know. I wanted something upbeat and fun. But I couldn't figure out what. Then, on my way in to work this morning, the perfect song was played on the radio.

In 1991 Rod Stewart released his 16th studio album, Vagabond Heart. The album reached the Top 10 in the US and contained three Top 20 singles. Among them is this week's selection.

"The Motown Song" was written by Larry John McNally and was originally featured on the Quicksilver soundtrack. Rod Stewart made his recording with the help of the legendary Motown group The Temptations. Their inclusion actually adds a lot of heft and cred to the song ... a smart move by whoever made it.

The video for the song was produced by Animation City, the same company that made Elton John's "Club At The End Of The Street". What really makes this video fun is the various cameos. See how many you can spot!

No comments: