29 November 2011

Music Review: Xmas! The Beatmas By Rubber Band


What would have happened if the Beatles had made Christmas music instead of popular music? Pure effin' magic, that's what!

Rubber Band is (or was ... I don't right know because they don't have a presence online) a Beatles tribute band from Denmark. In 1994, the Fab Fire released an album of Christmas songs with a Beatles twist. See, what they did was take the lyrics from some of our most favorite Christmas songs and paired them with the instrumentals from some of our most favorite Beatles songs, with a little re-arrangement of course, to concoct a delicious blend of Yuletide cheer to bless your ears.

You can buy an import CD, but it will cost you an arm and a leg. My best advice is to click the link up there for the iTunes store to buy a copy of this album. Or you could get it through nefarious means ... but you didn't get that idea from me.

Either way, this album simply must become a part of your holiday music library. Trust me, you'll thank me for it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Its like you read my mind! You seem to know a lot about this, like you wrote the book in it or something.
I think that you could do with some pics to drive the message home
a bit, but instead of that, this is fantastic
blog. A great read. I will definitely be back.


My webpage :: music online barat