19 April 2011

Sometimes The Thought Really Does Count

I heard through the grapevine of a friend who is going through a difficult time. I've known this person for a long time and have seen him go through many difficult times. But, if what I'm hearing is correct, this might be one of the most difficult.

I understand what it's like going through something like that.

A few years back, I went through the darkest patch of life I've ever been through. It was, quite literally, a year-long depression. Despite my best efforts, I alone couldn't shake myself out of it. Were it not for the love of friends and the soothing balm of three or four songs I doubt that I would have ever emerged alive.

I know how powerful music is to my friend. I know that it shines a much needed light for him into that dark place. So, my friend, I hope you read this. And I hope that this song helps you as much as it helped me.

No comments: