26 May 2009

The Washington Post's 2009 Post Hunt

If you've been a long-time reader of this blog, you will remember that I did The Post Hunt last year with a few friends. If not, you can read about it here.

Well, I did it again this year as well. Three of the original four members of Team Awesome were present. Member number four moved far, far away and so wasn't available. Instead, we incorporated four other people to join in our quest of solving this year's Post Hunt.

I'm not going to go into too many details. Anything about the Hunt, including answers, can be found on the official Post Hunt page. (Though it should be noted that one of our teammates is prominently featured on the video explanation for The Human Statues Puzzle.)

I wasn't really into the Hunt this year. Perhaps it was because of the size of our team. Perhaps it was because I felt disconnected from everything. Perhaps it was because of the overcast, clammy, cool day. Perhaps it was because of the boring-ness of the puzzles this year. For whatever reason, this year's Hunt didn't do it for me. But I still plan on Team Awesome (perhaps capped at five people) pursuing the fame and glory in solving next year's Hunt.

Oh, in case you're wondering, we didn't solve it again this year. And we got one of the clues wrong. So yeah. We'll do better next year, I hope.

No comments: