05 May 2009

Random Music Tuesdays: "Now I Can Dance" by Tina Arena

This week's song is as random as it gets. I had no idea what I was going to feature this week until just a moment ago, when this song started playing on my computer as it shuffled through my music library. It mostly reminds me of Basilio, since he was the one who introduced me to this song. To him, the song has literal meaning ... beginning, discovering, and living a new life far from family and long-established friends. To me, however, it has taken on a more symbolic meaning ... beginning, discovering, and living a new life far from the one I had lived for most of the past decade. I haven't physically moved but I have embarked on a new journey mentally and emotionally. I hope that you can pull some personal meaning from this song as well.


Now I Can Dance - Tina Arena

1 comment:

Basilio Bocalan said...

The meaning to this song still holds true for me...most especially now.

I'm congested from all my allergies, but I can definitely breathe better now that I've found my steady ground in WA.

I can't believe you remembered this song and even kept it in your music circulation. I'm touched!

I love you and I can't wait to see you!!!

Love
Basilio