06 May 2011

Music Video Friday: Horny Like A Dandy Mashed By Loo And Placido

I love mashups. The best ones work so seamlessly that you'd swear this is how they were meant to be written - all of these different artists writing the same song separately without even knowing it ... the disparate sums of an incomplete whole. That is until the right visionary, the one person (or persons) who could hear what the others could not, comes along and puts the correct pieces together to complete the song that was begging to be made.

I first saw this at Town Danceboutique. Well, I technically heard it first. That driving guitar riff. I thought, "They're playing The Dandy Warhols? Odd choice of music." Then I heard Hot 'n' Juicy's vocals ring in. I turned my head to one of the many large projector screens and witnessed this beautiful creation.

Here, the farthest thing from Frankenstein's Monster, is the song that The Dandy Warhols and Mousse T didn't know that they were separately writing together, as completed by Loo & Placido.

No comments: