09 September 2011

Music Video Friday: Stone In Love By Journey

It's raining in the D.C. metropolitan area. It seems like it's been raining for months and will continue to rain for months. Depression is setting in all around me. I'm starting to grow moss in my armpits.

I think it's time for a pick-us-up.

Every once-in-a-while I get infected with an earworm. Some of them are chronic. "Stone In Love" is one of my chronic earworms. Steve Perry's unearthly vocals. Steve Smith's thundering drums. Neal Schon's and Jonathan Cain's powerful guitar work. Ross Valory's grounding bass riff. And the harmonies in the chorus. This is Journey in their chart-topping prime.

Music rarely gets better than this.



Actually, while it may not be better, the current version of Journey with Arnel Pineda at the vocal helm certainly holds its own.

No comments: