31 March 2011

Wake Up, Ward 8!

I've never been more ticked off at a politician than I am at my city councilmember, Marion "Night Owl" Barry. Drug use. Drug use again. Suspicion of drug use. Unpaid taxes. Stalking. Scandals and harrassments. Unpaid tickets. Race baiting.

And now driving a car with illegal tags.

The man is a stain ... a blot ... a cancer on our city. He preaches and lives "entitlement". He sees himself as above the law. He portrays himself as the eternal victim. He is a racist. And, Ward 8, he has done little-to-nothing for you.

In 2012, we will have the opportunity to rid ourselves ... to rid our Ward ... to rid our city ... of this charlatan. We will have the opportunity to elect someone who puts the people of Ward 8 over his/her own ego.

I don't know yet who that person will be. I urge you to look at all of the candidates and to weigh them carefully. I beg you to chose your next councilmember wisely.

That is, of course, unless you're quite happy with the way things are going.

No comments: